2x2 Scramble Derby
Derby: "A competition open to contestants of all skills, ages and levels."
Bring a two person team and draw for another two person team to form a four person team to compete in a four person scramble format. Shotgun Tee off is at 9am.
When: Every Thursday with a shotgun start at 9:00. 2019 START DATE: MAY 9th
Format: Bring a partner and draw for another twosome to compete in a four person scramble.
Cost: The cost is $30 (only $20 for Members) INCLUDES SKINS!
Includes: 18 Holes with cart & prize money.
Prizes: - Closest to pins, 1st and other spots based upon participation. Potential prizes include -TV's, Gift Cards, Rounds of Golf, Shirts, Golf Balls, etc.
Who: Any golfer regardless of age. Age appropriate tees.
NEW TWEAKS FOR 2019 -
Better & Bigger potential prizes on closest to pins - TV's, Gift Cards, Shirts, Etc.
Seasonal Standings - This year the top 10 will be awarded once again with membership discounts
Monthly Standings Lottery - Standings will be kept each month. The top 5 of the month will be placed into a lottery for a cash prize. The cash prize will be $1 from each participant's entry throughout that month.
Draw - Player's standings will be used to impact the draw to avoid "stacked" teams.
The Two by Two Scramble Derby is one of the most unique and exciting events in the Grand Rapids Area. Contestants bring a partner and randomly draw another twosome to form a four person scramble team, ensuring that everyone of any skill level has the opportunity to compete and win. Participants have the opportunity to play in our Thursday Two by Two Scramble at Arrowhead Golf Course and the Tuesday Two by Two Scramble at our sister course, Morrison Lake Golf Club.
Overall standings are kept based on performance in the Tuesday Two by Two Scramble at Morrison Lake and the Thursday Two by Two Scramble at Arrowhead. Standings are based on performance. If we have 10 teams participating in any given week, the first place team that week earns 10 points a piece, the 2nd place team earns 9, etc. Participants are vying for a top 10 finish which earns a chance to win a membership to Arrowhead/ Morrison Lake next year.
The first 10 spots in the season standings will be awarded a percentage of an Arrowhead/Morrison Lake Membership for the following season:
- 1st Place: 100% off of a Membership*
- 2nd Place: 90% off of a Membership*
- 3rd Place: 80% off of a Membership*
- 4th Place: 70% off of a Membership*
- 5th Place: 60% off of a Membership*
- 6th Place 50% off of a Membership*
- 7th Place 40% off of a Membership*
- 8th Place 30% off of a Membership*
- 9th Place 30% off of a Membership*
- 10th Place 10% off of a Membership*
* The percentage off of a membership is non-transferable and has no cash value and is valid for the GOLF portion of the membership. Can not be used with any other credits or toward anything else but a membership to Arrowhead GC the following year of the current Scramble Derby. Ties will be determined by adding the two spots and averaging the percentage total (ex: tie for 2nd - (80+60)/2 =70)